Sunday, June 15, 2008

kim's favorite memories with dad

the first one is a little hazy because i was only like six but i remember dad and i were in that ridiculous yellow van that we had. it was just me and dad and it was my birthday. on the way home dad got pulled over(big surprise there :) i was sitting in the front seet so he told me to hurry and get in the back and to put my seatbelt on that i hadnt been wearing earlier. after the officer gave him a ticket, dad bribed me with something, i cant remember, and told me to not tell mom. i dont beleive i ever did.

the next one is when we were living in the pleasant grove house with grandma and grandpa. it was a saturday which meant hard core cleaning, but like always i didnt want to. so mom wouldnt let me have lunch until my jobs were done. i was sitting on the stairs crying when dad came up to me and very sneakily handed me a candy bar.

another memory is spending the weekends at the house that later became the bank. kristina, karine, angela and i would all sleep on the floor by dad's bed and he would tell us the most funniest bedtime stories, sound effects and all. they were the greatest stories and they always had us laughing.

this next memory made me feel really stupid and is probably why i was so shy. it was when i was turning eight and i went to a baptism fireside with dad. afterwards they announced that there were going to be refreshments. i was so excited that i jumped up off the bench and started making my way to the back, thinking that dad was right behind me. when i noticed that a lot of other people were going too, i got a little nervous and went to grab dad's hand. but it wasn't dad's. the man that i had grabbed on to laughed and told me that i had the wrong dad. terrified, i looked around for my real dad and found him still sitting on the bench, laughing. :)

my last memory combined with the last couple of years, going down to arizona to spend that summer with dad. no matter what he always tried to make it really fun for us. i really enjoyed those summers and hope that there are more to come. i love you daddy! happy daddy day!

No comments: